Drama for Life is a programme at The University of the Witwatersrand “Wits School of Arts” that aims to enhance the capacity of communities to take responsibility for the quality of their lives. The full-time programme offers Undergraduate Applied Drama Courses under Bachelor of Arts in Dramatic Art BADA, Advanced Diploma, Honours, Masters, Post Graduate Diploma and PhD courses that build capacity in HIV and AIDS education through applied drama and theatre. The DFL approach is appropriate to current social realities and cognisant of the rich indigenous knowledge of Africa. Our alumni are from 15 African countries successfully work as theatre practitioners, lecturers, social workers, project managers and life skills trainers.
- Four year Bachelor’s Degree in Dramatic Art or related fields, or
- Experience in Performing, Theatre making, Arts Managing, Arts Educating, Arts Therapies, Drama Facilitating, or
- Experience in working in Capacity Development, HIV/AIDS, Civic Society or Health Education
Study Subject(s): Capacity Development in HIV and AIDS Education, Activism and Therapy; Peace Building, Transformation and Diversity Management ; Human Rights and Social Justice, Environmental Sustainability
Course Level: Undergraduate Applied Drama Courses under Bachelor of Arts in Dramatic Art BADA, Advanced Diploma, Honours, Masters, Post Graduate Diploma and PhD courses
Scholarship Provider: The University of the Witwatersrand
Scholarship can be taken at: Africa
How to Apply:
To apply for this scholarship, you need to submit all the necessary information and document to be considered for the scholarship. Please take note of the application deadline and apply as soon as possible.
- Australia- Trust co-funds undergraduate scholarships at University of New England 2011
- VLIR-UOS Master Degree Scholarships Awards to students from Africa, Asia and Latin-America
- New Zealand- Massey University Undergraduate Award in Applied Economics Sponsor by Centre for Agribusiness Policy & Strategy